Thursday, October 28, 2010

Skinny Bitches and Mad Men


GOOD MORNING!
Getting up at 5:15 in the morning is tough...
especially when you drank too much wine the night before...




But I have some things I would like to share. Since losing a crap ton of weight, many of my friends have asked me for tips, secrets, or just plain encouragement. I cannot express how good this makes me feel. I am not going to lie - I could not have lost the weight without a great support system. My friends of course were wonderful, but the biggest kudos bar in the box goes to my sweetheart, Jeff and his wonderful mother, Marlene. Jeff because DUH he's wonderful and works his butt off so I can have the time to workout and shop for healthy foods and cook healthy meals. He is also wonderful because he loves me and accepts me for the person I am today, while still respecting and loving the person I was back then. Marlene...well, she makes me scarves. 10 lbs. a piece. I really just lost the weight for the scarves.

Anyways, all rambling aside...I wanted to congratulate the friends in my life that have lost weight. My two best friends, Mike and Amy - are both healthier and more toned than they have ever been since I've known them. They are damn sexy if you ask me.

Also, there are about four ladies I know who are constantly working on their bodies. I would name them, but I'm not sure how they would feel knowing I constantly think about them. :-p I hope they know that I am proud of them, and respect all their hard work!

Thinking about this stuff has prompted me to pull out some old photos. Lets compare Sam's. And I apologize in advance for not having a scanner... :)




That picture was taken during homecoming week when I was a queen candidate. Truthfully, I campaigned for the previous 2 years gathering up all of the votes so that I could take on the popular girls and win one for the nerd-team. Then it turned out all of us were the nice ones that got nominated. Anywho...that jacket is a MENS 3XL. I remember when my mom took me to the embroidery shop to get it...I felt so embarrassed and sad that I couldn't even wear the girl's version of the jacket. Fast forward 5 years...



This is my Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota official warmup jacket. It is a LADIES size Medium. The shorts (compliments of Miss Tara Steele) are also mediums. I love this picture. The medal around my neck is my 3rd place finish in EXPERT at that state race. I feel beautiful and proud.

REWIND!












Let's compare velour outfits here. The one on the left was for picture day. I was so happy because I thought I was adorable. When I got to school that morning, I remember a fellow classmate asking me why I stole a car cover to wrap around my fat. Kids are stupid (car cover, really?) but they are cruel. At least it didn't stop me from thinking I'm adorable! Check out the picture on the right now...Yep...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That dress is a personal favorite. It was the first dress I had ever bought that was a size SMALL. From TARGET! Target thinks I'm a small! Yay. Actually, sometimes Target thinks I'm a medium or a large, too...but no need to dwell....SMALL!


I'm not going to bring up the fact that I look like my mother in the picture on the right. OKAY - So! On the left you have my best friend, Michael. Him and I have been friends since high school. My grandma thought we were dating...sorry Grams! Mike likes boys. I didn't know that in high school though...I thought he liked me. Ohh, how many gays I've loved. Finally...my 'dar has improved and I can tell who likes the vajayjay and who does not. Back to topic - Mike and I were both heavy in high school. Maybe that's why we were such good friends...we both felt uncomfortable in our own skin. The picture on the right was taken last year at my other best friend, Amy's birthday shindig. Look how we both are smiling from healthier faces. Healthier minds. Mike was my senior prom date. It was the best prom a girl could ask for...minus the hot and heavy petting everyone else was doing. If anything happens to the love of my life, Jeffreyah, I will marry Mike so he can have health insurance. :)


MOM! ACK! What the hell was the thought process behind this 'do? I love my mom...I do, but man...this is priceless. There isn't even a photo to compare this to now. It's that heinous. Moving on!






Look! Sam on bikes! In the past, my idea of biking was pedaling around on this contraption that left me out of breath and hungry for twinkies! Now I ride a different kind of bike. Still out of breath sometimes, and still hungry for twinkies...sure...but I swear - It's different! Ohh...remember twinkies? Damn. I haven't had one in ages.

Well...there you have it. A little trip into the history of chubby Sam versus lean Sam. I look at these pictures on days when I feel dissatisfied with my current weight or accomplishments. It is hard to be your own biggest cheerleader all of the time. Fortunately for me, I have a bunch of other people telling me I'm beautiful and sexy and gorgeous. That helps. So hey - If you are having one of those days where you feel mopey or fugly, remember how beautiful and sexy and gorgeous you are!

6 comments:

Carmen said...

Great blog Babe!!
This morning I hopped on the scale and was up a half a pound and I pouted....you just reminded me to remember that I have come a long way from the way I was 50 some pounds ago! I let some of that come back on over the past year :( boo! But now I am back down those 21 pounds in just 5 weeks! And back into the size I wore in highschool. Yep I still have a long way to go but man it is nice to have left the 50 I have lost behind me!!! I too have pictures that I use to encourage me. One of them is from 2 years ago in the fall....I thought it would be a beautiful pic of me and the girls...now I use it as a motivation for change. I came across it by accident a couple of weeks ago and it shocked me how different I looked. It was motivating to keep going that is for sure. That sad girl faking a smile is long gone....now I can smile in pictures and I hope in the next couple of months that smile grows! :) Keep on motivating girl!

Unknown said...

Oh Sam, I ~hearts~ you bb. You rock! Thanks for brightening up the world with your awesomeness. :)

Andrea said...

Sam,

You are amazing! Will you come to Texas and be my personal cheerleader? Haha.

:)

April Kelsch said...

Your endless supply of pure Awesomeness inspires me! Thanks for being Sam!

Megan Clambone :) said...

Sam-- your an inspiration, your wit your charm and your bluntness is uncomparable to anyone else that writes. We need more Sammays like yourself. I lovelovelove you!

Leah said...

SAM!!!! I Love this post and I love you! I am so excited I found your blog!