Monday, October 11, 2010

Life is a Daring Adventure or Nothing

This was the title of a friend of mine's blog, and I adored it. So I stole it. Thievery is sometimes acceptable, right?

I am feeling poetic tonight. There are new people in my life that are filling me with all sorts of wonderful feelings. These men and women are reminding me that I am a force of nature. It feels good to be thought of in this way. How could it not?

So I am going to write some poetry...and I have not written like this in ages. Perhaps it's the musical side of me coming out again (as I recently played a gig and now have the bite to play some more).

YOUNG RED WINE

She feels no longer subsequent.
She embraces the brash and is amorous to the brim.
A constant ambush on the senses yet an island in a restless sea.
Rich, mysterious, full-bodied and pleasureful.
She feels the way heaven would feel if poured into a glass.
Drunk on words that linger.
Intoxicated on bliss.


DAYLIGHT

I wake in early hours,
disrupted solitude that leads to wanderlust of the mind.
The stars are brightest when the night is blackest.
It is the kind of beauty you can only stare at for moments before it overwhelms and envelops you.
Then the pink rush of day comes, and reminds you of the truth.
The sun will soon blind me. And I will envy the moon for the company he keeps.


MY SKIN

I am cool to the touch like crisp, fresh linens.
I am silky and smell of lavender.
I glow with anticipation for a weclome interruption.

No comments: