Thursday, September 23, 2010

Props to the Evening!

I wanted to write something less dramatic than my earlier post. After gushing my adorable little soul out about my food issues, I snuggled up in my second bedroom and fell into a deep nappage. Jeff said I could paint the guest bedroom any color, and decorate it any way I wished. So, I painted it a pinkish lilac and made it romantic and snuggly. My old bed from when I had my own apartment is covered in blankets and pillows. It's the kind of room you can lose yourself in. The kind of space you feel safe and lovely in. I slept as it poured outside.

Just an FYI, I've been feeling extraordinarily tired the past two days. It's probably due to my daily training and the off-chance that sometimes I'd rather do other things when I should be sleeping...hehe...eye cock!(Eye cock is my new referencing term to that expression you make when you're being clever) So I awoke from my slumber to some chores I wanted to finish. My mother-in-law called to yack...something I have grown to appreciate more and more as my relationship with her son grows. I am blessed to have a great relationship with her. Many wives are not so lucky.

Then out of nowhere, I heard a car come up the drive. I knew it was either the propane man (a.k.a. the guy who calls me Sexy Trouble) or the husband man (the one who knows I am sexy trouble!). Much to my surprise, it was Jeff. He had come home nearly 40 minutes earlier than usual. I had emailed him before said nappage, and told him he needed to help me be good tonight. Meaning tight on calories, and making time for a sweaty workout. He walked through the door - kissed me in that way that only he can - and told me he made me a present.

In the spring, Jeff had bought a cycle-ops trainer for super cheap because it was broken. Then he lost his job, etc...and we forgot all about it. Today he made the piece that was broken (with permission from his boss, of course!) and came home early to set everything up. He even hooked up our big projector, and told me to pick a chick flick and have at it. I am so happy he understands me. He knows exactly what I need...but then again, I also learned from experience he only knows these things because I tell him straight out! We make quite the team!

So, thanks to a wonderful husband, and the return of my motivation and ambition - my caloric intake was PERFECT and I burned 600 calories and threw in an extra weight-lifting session.

Mini-celebration in honor of Sam. I would also like to say a big thank you to Sue, Desta, and Dina, and Andrea - four women who wrote me with four completely different yet equally supportive messages after my last post. Women like you help women like me grow stronger and feel more stable. You rock.

No comments: